7.15.2007

Adventures in Cheesemaking

Somehow, an obsession has bloomed.

"I want to make cheese," I said.

A cabinet full of equipment, a freezer full of cultures, and a dorm fridge cheese cave later, I have become a curd nerd.

Just as I began to tackle the world of cheese, to merely scratch the waxed surface, I realized there are very few resources out there for the home cheese maker. Those that are out there are good ones; I couldn't have embarked on my quest without them. But I want more. I want a recipe for Queso Cotija!! I must learn the ways of Burrata! I need to experience Gruyere!

And here I am, hoping to connect with others having the same basic needs: all things cheese.

With love, in curds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom loves cheese. When can I get some? Tee Hee. Great Blog! Good job, very classy.

Anonymous said...

I've seen fungus like that before.. but it wasn't on no cheese if ya know what I mean.. hehe... hehehe...

Mom2U2 said...

I do not long to make it, only to cut it in a darkened room . . . and wait for a reaction.
Bwaahaaha!

PS: Impressive, M'lady!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CHEESE!!!!
LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MILK. WINK WINK :)

Anonymous said...

You're Serious??
I'm delirious....

Rule on great cheesemakers of
the world....Anon

Anonymous said...

Never...I say never,never give up.
It is not in your nature..hugs, G'ma